Ipsy May 2013 'Spring Fling' Glam Bag

Monday, May 13, 2013

Finally got my Ipsy bag !!! *confetti*

Out of all the bags, this month's was the most anticipated for me. Since I've been subscribed, I've never been so eager and impatient for my bag to arrive. And it didn't help that it took 5 days to arrive (I live 2 hours away from where the bags are shipped out). But honestly, I can't really complain about a service that they're providing for free. Ahem, free shipping.


Subscribe to IPSY for $10/month.

What I received:
1. Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in 'Pink' - .14 fl oz (full size), $15
2. Pacifica Roll-on Perfume in 'Island Vanilla' - .33 oz (full size), $12
3. Zoya Nail Polish in 'Piaf' - .50 fl oz (full size), $8
4. Nume Finishing Serum - .33 oz (sample size), $4.79
5. Yaby Concealer Refill in 'Vanilla'- 3.50 g (full size), $4.85
6. Bonus item! Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in 'Stargazer' - .05 oz (full size), $20
Total cost of bag: $64.64

The Yaby concealer in 'Vanilla' looks to be too light for my medium/tan skin, but I can use it for highlighting so it's workable. I wasn't too happy with the color 'Piaf' I got for my Zoya nail polish because it was the only color I didn't want (I wanted to try more colors), but let me not knock it 'til I've tried it.

All the items in my bag were full size except for the Nume Finishing Serum, but even that was a generous sample size. What a sweet deal for only $10.70 (I pay tax because I live in NC). Can other subscription boxes offer all their subscribers the same deal for $10/month? I don't know but I'm loving Ipsy more and more each month!


Closeups & swatches


Pacifica Roll-on Perfume in 'Island Vanilla'
It smells like vanilla, brown sugar, and some kind of island scent. So the name is spot-on!
I put some on the back of my hand 3 hours ago and I can still smell it when I sniff my hand. However, the island smell is gone; only the vanilla scent remains.


Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in 'Pink'
It goes on very sheer, just slightly giving a tint to your lips. The sparkles are tiny and not that noticeable. It's not sticky at all, so I don't mind wearing it with my hair down in the wind. The scent, to me, smells like Jolly Ranchers… or just candy in general. Lovin' it ~


Zoya Nail Polish in 'Piaf'
It's a beautiful color, just not for me. I don't think it looks good with my tan skintone.
I'm in love with the formula and the way it applies. So smooth, no streaks.. an even color.

I was one of the few lucky people to receive the Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow this month, most likely because of my blog. According to Ipsy, there were 3 ways to win the eyeshdaow:
1.) Referring 2 friends to Ipsy using your unique sign-up code
2.) Responding to their giveaway post on Facebook
3.) Blogging / vlogging about Ipsy (link your blog account to your Ipsy profile!)


Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in 'Stargazer'
It's a shimmery green-gold color with brown undertones and golden sparkles


Light swatches of Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in 'Stargazer'
I haven't tried it on wet but I assume it will look more intense.

Yaby Concealer swatches from CrueltyFreeKit.com:

1. cc013 Vanilla (pink)
2. cc008 Buff (neutral)
3. cc011 Burdock (pink)
4. cc016 Peach Cream (pink)
5. cc022 Rhubarb (pink)
6. cc036 Almond Butter (pink)
7. cc066 Praline (pink)
8. cc072 Chocoloate Chip (pink)


1. Ivory (yellow)
2. cc010 Custard (yellow)
3. cc004 Cream (yellow)
4. cc042 Honey (yellow)
5. cc061 Ginger Snap (yellow)
6. cc062 Pecan (yellow)
7. cc064 Caramel (yellow)
8. cc069 Hot Fudge (neutral)


Feel free to use my code to get $110 off your Nume purchase.
I got 2 of these coupons and I already used one, so I don't need another :)

You Might Also Like

0 say