Eyebrow microblading, 2nd touch-up

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

I get my brows done at Tai Brows DC by Kira. This was my 3rd time getting my brows done by her (2nd touch-up). My first session was in December 2014 - it's been 2 years (photos below)! I found her through saaammage. I fell in love with the way Kira did her 'stroke patterns'... they looked so natural! Kira had just gotten her cosmetics licensing at the time, but she had only done microblading on a few people. Her prices were still cheap, and I felt like I had found a gold mine 'cause I thought she was so talented. At the time, I had been looking for the perfect artist to do my brows for YEARS. I just hadn't found the person who could make it look natural enough, especially for brows like mine, which were almost non-existent. My favorite part about Kira is that she really takes her time with her clients, she never rushes the process. She took an hour drawing the brow shape for a friend of mine and only moved on until my friend was satisfied. Real customer service!

Healing process


2nd touch-up
Dry healing. Brows untouched for the first week (no makeup, face wash, etc.)
Day 1:

Brows appear super dark from the redness underneath.

Day 2:

Brows still appear dark but redness underneath starting to fade.





Day 3:

I think my brows looked the best on this day.

Day 4:

You will start to notice some peeling...
It is important not to scratch/pick at the scabs. Just let them fall off naturally -- VERY HARD TO DO! Thankfully for me I didn't have anywhere to go while I was healing.

Day 8:

Most of the scabs have fallen off... You will notice I still have some scabbing left on my left eyebrow, near the top.
My skin looks pink underneath and the brow markings have faded. This is normal. I was told the markings will darken up within a couple of weeks. But oh how I wish they stayed as dark as they did on 'day 3' !

2 weeks later:

Completely healed brows. The strokes stayed super fine, and I maintained most of the pigment!
The strokes have also darken back up as promised.

A brief history...


My first session, December 2014

I was bald !!! Microblading changed my life.
Image courtesy of Tai Brows's Instagram.

1st touch-up, 2015

It is vital that you go for a touch-up right after your first session because it fades a lot.
Image courtesy of Tai Brows's Instagram.

Kira's technique has changed so much since my first session with her. She supports "dry healing" now, which evidently retains the pigment better. She also uses a better numbing cream (I only felt light pressure), which I loved because I have a very low tolerance for pain. Her stroke patterns have also changed! I didn't think I could love my brows even more. I am OBSESSED with them.

If you're interested, I also made a FIRST IMPRESSION video:

You Might Also Like

8 say

  1. Nice ! everyones wants perfect look and perfect brows and thanks for sharing an informative content about An microblading
    Really all people need to know about Microblading-Pigmente

    ReplyDelete
  2. The premier supplier of Microblading and Semi Permanent Make-Up products for salons, studios and academies.
    Microblading Pigments - Microblading Emporium

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. After read this blog i have very good information about all..

    Thanks for sharing such a valuable information...

    Microblading-Pigmente zum Verkauf

    ReplyDelete

  4. Best eyebrow transplant in just1499€Hair Transplant Turkey lets you to find the best quality-price hair restoration clinic in Turkey and Istanbul. All solutions about hair restoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such a valuable infomration regarding beauty

    Microblading-Pigmente zum Verkauf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and very good post

    Thanks for sharing such a valuable information..

    Microblading Emporium

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I feel like I have information overload. Thank you for sending me only the materials I needed about this topic. I am grateful not to have to spend time sorting through stuff that isn't needed.
    Microblading in Dubai

    ReplyDelete